Re: [NTLK] eBook readers

From: Aaron Brigati <abrigati_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Aug 07 2008 - 18:13:11 EDT

On Aug 7, 2008, at 1:36 PM, Oliver Leaman wrote:

> I have been looking at some of the new eBook readers and they look
> pretty similar to the 2100 except of course no handwriting input.
> They seem to do wifi etc. and have a good deal of storage. I wonder
> what experiences people have had with them.

They're not very similar to the Newton at all, except in general
shape. They're strictly for reading and playing mp3s; they don't have
any way to work as a PDA at all except for one very expensive model
that's AFAIK not really sold in the US.

If you just want a device to read books on, they're great. (Though
the Amazon Kindle is sort of a pain to get books onto if you're not
buying their books.)

The Kindle does have a very simple web browser, so I suppose you
could use some sort of online note-taking web page with it.