Re: [NTLK] ATA Linear flash speed

From: Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Tue Aug 19 2008 - 13:37:23 EDT

Of note, I use a standard PC Card CF adapter.  I also think it important to use the good card, the Extreme III or IV card.  I know if offloads data faster than pretty much any other card out there.
Ron: Thanks for the speed tests.  For me, since I don't really use my Newton over the Internet, downloading stuff from the web or writing to another linear card is not something I would be using the Newton for.  What interests me is the everyday speed.  I did write some packages to the ATA and it did not seem that slow.  I think that would be a good test: writing package to the ATA and comparing its speed to the Linear card.