Re: [NTLK] Mail V Hangs While Storing

From: RAParker <QuadzillaNET_at_SBCGlobal.NET>
Date: Sat Aug 23 2008 - 11:41:58 EDT

On Aug 20, 2008, at 4:53 PM, Gary Dunn wrote:

> Just did a full wipe and erased the card. Very little recovered and it
> still hangs while storing.

Hangs... like totally stopping and/or freezing, requiring a reset?
Does it pop up an error box, then disconnects and allows you to
continue?

(gosh this feels like deja vu)

On Aug 20, 2008, at 3:18 PM, Gary Dunn wrote:

> Space on Stores
>
> Name Used Free
> Internal 2756k 767k
> Card 2903k 898k
>
> Storing new mail to Card. Seems like enough room bwt I'll try the
> Brain Wipe.

Well... I'm going to suggest that your free space is just too tight.
Emails of larger size (>50K) will begin to give me problems if my free
space is in the 1MB - 500K range on my 24MB card.

Another possibility I've experienced: There are the odd messages that
just cause Mail V to Hang for no apparent reason. Something is odd
about the content of that particular message. When this happens, many
times I'll bypass the bad message that's causing me problems by:

   Begin Receiving the messages again
   Tapping cancel (stop) just after that particular message begins to
download
   The "Been Read" flag gets reset with that message (& previous ones
too)
   Re-Start the receive action again
   Mail V will begin downloading just after the message you hit cancel on

Hope this helps

Ron

--
Sent using Mail for Mac OS X. Cyberdog lives!
--
    |\ | @ Quadzilla.NET
--
 From the "Who says, 'Size Doesn't Matter'" file:
   Ever notice, when someone comments on your Newton PDA,