Re: [NTLK] Newton Learning Curve

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Sun Aug 24 2008 - 02:33:40 EDT

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 1:07 AM, Nathanial Hendler
<nathanhendler@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for sharing your experience as a new Newton user. I agree that
> there is a learning curve, but I think it's a gentle as they come.

I think that the Newton suffers from a dual learning curve. Actual use
of its basic features is quite gentle, but due to its age, lack of
support, unfamiliarity and worst, the fact that the tech world has
moved on, things that used to be simple--getting email working,
desktop connection, etc. have become much, much more difficult than
they should be--and were. It is this second learning curve that is the
most difficult, and what the wiki was supposed to address, but it's
had problems in recent years, so we are left with just each other, and
the vagaries it entails.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland