Re: [NTLK] Converting Movies for the Newton

From: Tony Morrow <gizmo1482_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Aug 24 2008 - 23:52:22 EDT

On Aug 24, 2008, at 10:42 PM, Ryan Vetter wrote:

> Any tips on getting movies onto the Newton, like MPEG files or mp4...
> Converters? I have looked around but there is not much info on it...
>
> Thanks
>
> New Newton Stuff on This Old Mac!
>
> http://www.thisoldmac.ca/wordpress/2008/08/24/more-newton-video-
> guides/

There is the old Newton Movie Converter that will convert movies into
something playable on the Newton. But it only works under Classic or
and older mac plus its painfully slow. There are other ways. I think
I remember seeing an article somewhere that talked about creating a
newtonbook that scrolled through pages automatically. Basically both
solutions make a giant picture flipbook. The biggest issue with this,
however, is that the Newton can only view BMP or PICT image files and
they are not compressed. So the files size will be large.

<http://www.unna.org/unna/macos/NewtonMovieConverter.sit>