[NTLK] Minority Report on the Newton?

From: Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Thu Aug 28 2008 - 20:03:22 EDT

Ok gang, I know I am a hopeless nerd.  I am in the middle of trying to get the DVD: Minority Report offloaded and playable onto the Newton.  Sure, it may not be like watching it on HD but still cool if it will play on the Newton.
Here is what I am doing:

The DVD has been converted to an MPEG4 high quality settings in place.  I am now exporting that MPEG4 via Quicktime Pro under OS X into JPEG format with sound.  I know that movie converter for the Newton that runs under classic does something like this, where it takes a .mov movie and converts it into a series of pictures.  Well, I think I am basically doing that but I am using Quicktime in Leopard.  I will also export a .mov of the said MPEG4 and transfer it over to the classic Mac to see how movieconverter for the Newton handles it.  Of course, if this works, anyone else wanting this on their Newton would need a fast ATA flash card (probably 512 MB+).

Once the converter movie is packaged for the Newton (using Newton movieconverter?), I will use the high speed serial connection to transfer it to the Newton and see if it plays.  It will, of course, be stored on my ATA Extreme III card and play in Newton's media player, like the Think Different commercial and the like.  I think the file size will be around 500 MB.