Re: [NTLK] Emate 300 refuses to turn on.

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri Dec 12 2008 - 22:52:12 EST

Chris and John
It is possible that you are both dealing with a poor connection
somewhere in the battery or related contacts.

The emates report of loss of power is unreliable as it makes this
claim any time it loses power or is reset by you or by the system.
The 2100 on the other hand is much more reliable in reporting the
reason for resetting.
So in the case of the 2100 I suspect that either it is a rebuilt
battery pack with a poor connection, or that the contacts on the
battery pack or those inside the silo are dirty or the Negative
contact has lost its springiness.

In the case of the eMate I suspect a rebuilt battery with a poor
solder joint.
The other issue with the lid switch may be that the two halves of the
display case aren't properly joined, but it has been documented that
that switch does fail. It is possible that you rotated the plunger 90
deg and increased resistance..
Stephanie eliminated it <http://www.felesmagus.com/newton/otheremate.html
> for other reasons.
and another list member recently had this issue , may have used same
solution or not check archives.

Always clean and re-grease both hinges, restore any rolled up springs
and install washers on both sides once you have gone to the trouble to
open it up. ;-)

Woody