Re: [NTLK] Merry Xmas and A Happy New Year

From: Dennis B. Swaney <romad_at_aol.com>
Date: Mon Dec 22 2008 - 13:11:17 EST

Goodwin, Greg P. wrote:

> Nope, humanity will not break the Newton, but the Newton will break
> itself in 2010. (the 2010 bug, yes, we are almost here and my Fiero is
> 24 years old and no longer needs emmisions testing... woot!) :P
>
> Happy Holidays!!
>
> Doc Clu

What is the 2010 problem?

Regarding your Fiero, you are obviously not in the People's Republic of
California. Several years ago, the PRC started a program to exempt 30
year-old vehicles from being smogged. After a couple of years, they
reversed themselves so they could destroy cars that can no longer meet
the smog requirements. So anything older than 1974 is safe but 74 and on
have to be crushed if they can't be brought into compliance.

--
Sincerely,
Dennis B. Swaney