Re: [NTLK] Long distance IR using Laser?

From: Dennis B. Swaney <romad_at_aol.com>
Date: Fri Dec 26 2008 - 11:27:37 EST

Michael J. Hußmann wrote:
> Colin Pate (pate.colin@gmail.com) wrote:
>
>> Can anyone read that?
>
> I can't. He is posting from a gmail account and I've seen encrypted
> mails from gmail accounts on other mailing lists before (especially when
> using digest mode). I have no experience with gmail myself, but surely
> there is some setting available to turn off encryption/encoding?

In the General tab of the GMail Settings is this:

Outgoing message encoding:

        Use default text encoding for outgoing messages
        Use Unicode (UTF-8) encoding for outgoing messages

On mine, I have the first option selected. Perhaps he has the second one
and the NTLK servers can't handle Unicode?

--
Sincerely,
Dennis B. Swaney