Re: [NTLK] Emate/2K power supplies

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed Dec 31 2008 - 01:56:25 EST

Welcome back.
If you have some basic soldering skills re-cell the batteries, not too
difficult on eMates. Costs about $10 per unit and will give them many
hours of use.
You may find that you don't need another power adapter.

As you know there have been many warnings about the risk of non-
regulated power adapters, I have not heard whether these or others
claiming to meet Apple Newton original equipment specs have been
proven safe or not.

Are folks going to be able to register Tactile products again?

Woody