Re: [NTLK] Wi-Fi help needed

From: Morgan Aldridge <morgant_at_makkintosshu.com>
Date: Mon Feb 04 2008 - 17:02:38 EST

On Feb 4, 2008 3:03 PM, Martin Joseph <NT@stillnewt.org> wrote:

> On Feb 4, 2008, at 10:41 AM, Michael S. Zimmer wrote:
>
> > Maybe I should have listed my question like this!
> >
> > 1. Can someone point me in the right direction to find out which
> > 802.11b PC card to obtain and how to configure the beast so that I can
> > at least send and receive email wirelessly? This way I can justify
> > fooling around with the Newt at work!
>
> You should probably start by researching the shortcomings of Newtons
> mail and wireless setup and making sure those aren't deal breakers
> for you.

In addition to the shortcomings of the Internet software for the
Newton, please take into extra consideration the fact that you're
using a MessagePad 2000 and so will run into memory constraints all
too frequently. If you can upgrade your MP2000 to the level of an
MP2100 or trade it in for one you'd be much more likely to be
successful.

Morgan Aldridge

---
morgant@makkintosshu.com