[NTLK] Views on Super Notepad

From: Andy Hill <adhill_at_fastmail.co.uk>
Date: Tue Feb 19 2008 - 16:39:45 EST

Hi there

For the old hands on the list this will be of no interest whatsoever but for
anyone fairly new like me whose still working their way through the good and
bad apps. I've recently been trying out Super Notepad on my MP2000 and found
it a very useful and practical enhancement to the notes app. For me it's a
definite one to keep. Although its 180k it doesn't slow down the 2000 at
all.

For anyone who may not have tried it here are my top 10 likes about it.

1. It allows you to encrypt single notes as well as whole folders. There's
even a tick box that you can set to ensure the encrypted item is re-recryted
once you close it.

2. Improved scrolling function. There are additional scrolling arrows which
mean you can scroll notes in smaller intervals.

3. Direct access to an improved range of font styles

4. You can apply an alarm to any note. I find using notes like this an
improvement on the built in Todos.

5. You can change the date that is recorded against a note. This is really
useful if you write a note later than the event but want to attribute it to
a day in the past, or future.

6. You can apply tags to a note to create subgroups within folders. You can
then very quickly create a filter by tapping the folder tab. You can select
on more than one criteria.

7. For outline notes you get some additional goodies too. Including: delete
all checked items, sort function, or duplicate unchecked on to a new note.

8. A select all function, useful for copying all text or items

9. Recent and Title Tabs

10. You can set notes to be filed in multiple folders at the same time.
Really useful if you have an extended to do list on a note and want to refer
to it quickly whichever folder you are in.

By the way I have no vested in the vendor whatsoever. But for $10 I think
it's a total bargain,

Here's the link. You can download it for a 30 day trial.

http://www.standalone.com/MessagePad/products/2.1/content21.html

All the best

Andy