Re: [NTLK] Newly Joined

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Thu Feb 28 2008 - 02:27:36 EST

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 4:33 AM, V. Lee <earthyfemme@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Is this a good idea to seek the Newton as a possible solution?

The Newton can certainly do this. In fact, just this past weekend, I
took several pages of lecture notes on my Newton--handwritten. ;-)

However, you need to be aware that getting those notes off the Newton
can be a problem. Sadly, it's not an easy prospect, where I can say,
get such and such hardware or software, and you are good to go. The
Newton connects by the now _very_ outdated serial protocol. Getting it
to talk to modern computers and software can cause you to want to tear
your hair out. :-) However, if you are patient, you will be rewarded
with something. Personally, I don't know the state of Windows
connectivity, but on the Mac, it's spotty--but does work.

I say all that so you know up front what you are getting yourself into.

However, simply as a note-taking platform, I think the Newton excels. :-)

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland