Re: [NTLK] Holiday dates?

From: Morgan Aldridge <morgant_at_makkintosshu.com>
Date: Fri Jan 11 2008 - 08:34:36 EST

On 1/11/08, M.Erickson@brighton.ac.uk <M.Erickson@brighton.ac.uk> wrote:

> Can anyone tell me if they have produced a calendar file of public holidays,
> etc. for 2008 that I can upload into my newt? Or - can anyone tell me how I
> could go about doing this, other than through buying a paper diary and
> copying all the holidays in by hand.

Victor used to take Apple's various holiday calendars and convert them
to a pkg that one could download, but that option's sort of out now
that he's no longer Newtoning.

You could download the calendars from Apple in iCal format (.ical or
.ics) and import them using Eckhart Köppen's IC/VC
<http://40hz.org/wiki/index.php/IC/VC>. You can find downloadable
calendars on Apple's downloads site:
<http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/calendars/>.

You should also be able to subscribe to them too, try the following
for various holiday calendars:

Google for "site:mac.com ical holidays"

or

<http://icalshare.com/index.php?topic=holidays>

Not sure if there are any better, non-IC/VC methods. Anybody?

Morgan Aldridge

---
morgant@makkintosshu.com
http://www.makkintosshu.com/