Re: [NTLK] Mint Condition Collector Apple Newton 2100 FREE UPGRADE

From: Knowledge Navigator <knowledgenavigator_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Jan 12 2008 - 03:38:54 EST

If its working at all then this has to be a software related issue. The other thing you can try is to uninstall all the software except the software required for driving the bluetooth and networking. i have actually been very careful in the software i select for the card so that there is no conflicts that arise from that software however perhaps i missed something. have you also tried contacting newtontalk at www.newtontalk.net and asking them your question, im sure that out of the many people on the list someone has already gone through and solved the problem you are having? i have to be honest, i dont use the bluetooth method to regularly transfer date to and from my newton, i use serial. the speed boost will not effect it either way, it doesnt matter if its on or off. The error messages you are receiving are documented online to determine what they are but more often then not, the decription of the error message is as criptic as the number itself, generally pointing to some aspect of the hardware but
 hard to fix. NOTE: The beaming will only work with the speed boost off. it was not designed to handle the faster speed.
I have copied this email to newtontalk, i am hoping some knowledgeable person on the list will be able to help you out further.

Thank you
Knowledgenavigator