Re: [NTLK] Wiping Names Soup

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Mon Jan 21 2008 - 03:42:20 EST

On Jan 21, 2008 7:21 AM, Dan <dan@dbdigitalweb.com> wrote:
> On 1/20/2008 7:25 PM, Greg Hankins wrote:
> > Hi All!
> > I'm playing with import/export options for AddressBook and Names. Is
> > there a handy-dandy way to wipe out the contents of names without
> > selecting all and deleting (which runs me out of heap)?
> >
> Sure, go into extras, tap the diamond at the top of the screen and
> select storage. Then tap names, and delete. It will clear then whole
> thing.

BUT DON"T DO THAT!!! Unless you want to wipe all your user info! If
you do this, you will have to reenter registration codes, etc--a real
pain in the neck!

In the end, I decided the best thing to do was to just keep deleting
with the select-all feature. It deletes--a bunch at a time. So, it may
take a few minutes, but you won't wipe out your owner info this way...
On my Newt with over 800 names, it took maybe 4 or 5 tries to get them
all gone, but they went...

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland