Re: [NTLK] tempted

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Tue Jan 22 2008 - 11:52:26 EST

On Jan 22, 2008 3:05 PM, dotline7 <dotline7@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to sync with a mobile phone? Or set up an address book? What
> can we do beside Office and email? Flash? Java? Bank?
> John

The eeePC, unfortunately, does not have BlueTooth built in. It does,
however, have 3 USB ports, so I don't know how it would work with a
BlueTooth dongle. However, how the OS would deal with the phone
(syncing, internet access) would be best left to others. :-) But it is
a full-blown computer, running a version of Linux, which gives you
Firefox for your browser, including Flash, and all the so-called Web
2.0 goodies. I believe it also uses Thunderbird for email, but may
also have a system-wide address book. In any case, if one is
adventurous, one can install another distribution of Linux, and get
all its goodies, as well. :-) Its biggest limitation would be, IMO,
the 800x480 screen. I know that installing Ubuntu Linux on my Pismo
happened the first time at 800x600, and it was a bear, because all the
buttons at the bottom of the install program were off the bottom of
the screen.

Oh, and you can get a version of Windows XP to run on the eeePC--$100?
So if one feels mor comfortable in the Windows environment, that's
available, too.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland