Re: [NTLK] tempted

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Tue Jan 22 2008 - 13:23:28 EST

On Jan 22, 2008 6:21 PM, dotline7 <dotline7@gmail.com> wrote:
> To start EEEPc takes 30 seconds.

Are you comparing to the Newton? or a desktop? To the Newton, it's
pitififully slow, but to OS X or Windows, that's a blazing number.

> HDD 8GB? Rather small.

Yeah, but 4G is more common, but remember, this is all Solid State,
not hard disk. This is part of the reason for the smaller sizes. It is
also a good thing.

But one thing to remember is that the OS is optimized for less RAM and
disk space.

> Maximal configuration costs 500USD?

Again, the more popular size costs about $400, but the better config
that doesn't include the camera and soldered memory, costs about $350
> Am I right.

facts, yes, impressions--that's opinion, now, isn't it... ;-)

> Is Foleo better?

Considering that the Foleo was intended to be nothing more than a
window to your phone, and not a stand-alone computer, with severely
limited functionality, I think the eeePC wins by a wide margin.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland