Re: [NTLK] No New Newt, epaper witn pen

From: Martin Joseph <NT_at_stillnewt.org>
Date: Tue Jan 29 2008 - 12:11:35 EST

On Jan 29, 2008, at 12:10 AM, Jon Glass wrote:

> On Jan 29, 2008 4:54 AM, William Pociengel <hseldon@my.wgu.edu> wrote:
>> A keyboard is fast because you've never tried to do something else.
>
> But you missed my point. It's not about being the fastest. It's about
> being comfortable with it. Everybody writes longhand, and most people
> type. And most people who type also type faster than they hand write
> longhand. It's that simple.
>
> Shorthand doesn't really fit into the equation, certainly not for 99%
> of the people.

Although it might be a sneaky and legitimate way to get handwriting
recognition back into a future device... Make it read short hand,
sell it to the (currently dwindling) users of that art, meanwhile
also keep regular textual recognition around for the rest of us...

Don't know, but it certainly seems like pen based recognition is on
the outs at present, sad for us pen guys.

Marty