Re: [NTLK] Read Notes on OS X?

From: R A Parker <Quadzillanet_at_SBCGlobal.NET>
Date: Sat Jul 05 2008 - 00:23:01 EDT

On Friday, July 4, 2008 at 7:42 pm Ed Miller wrote:

> Is it possible I can successfully export
> the Notes files using NCX to read Newton
> Notes on OS X?.

Sorry, still have and use Classic with my Newton... Haven't made the jump to NCX yet.

> What I get is an rtf file that displays
> text fine but can't show doodles
> or any handwriting

Agreed... that's a tough one. Bet you want it to be quick and easy to?

When I research what Newton Works and Notes are capable of, with respect to exporting graphics and sketches, bad news. As if the original Newton Developers never were able to finish graphic import/export support.

> Is there a program that lets me save
> my handwritten notes onto my OS X mac?

Haven't found an easy way yet. There's Sloup but definitely not point and click.

Other ideas?

As I recall, I think that Mail V can email notes as a GIF.

Have you thought about faxing? Your Mac can receive faxes and there are internet fax services available that will email faxes to you. I've always thought that idea would be cool.

Ron

--
Sent with Mail V and a Wireless MessagePad 2100.
--
       |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM