Re: [NTLK] Alignment--call for programmers (was: Jaggies? 7-2008)

From: Kostas Theofilis <roufianos_at_mac.com>
Date: Sun Jul 06 2008 - 20:14:50 EDT

Heyyy.. Doug has a point.

After his last post, I checked if the "slightly to the left"
misalignment of my stylus is the same across the screen.
It appears that on the left 25% part of the screen, the alignment is
correct. On the other 75% it is off.
So I tried to realign the pen by clicking the first alignment mark on
the center and other two marks (since they are both on the right part
of the screen) a bit left away from the center.
It took a couple of trials but now the alignment is fine!!!!!

On the subject of a new tool for alignment. My initial thought is that
programmatically is not that easy to find out the offset in the
alignment across the screen. And that trial and error is faster than a
making from scratch a new alignment tool. I will look up the relevant
section of reference guide tomorrow.

For now I am happy that I fixed the alignment! At the same time I am
worried as this kind of problem would mean that a very bad problem
will plague all newts eventually. Is it the point that the hardware is
finally beginning to failing? As the newest Newt is 10 years old it is
something to worry about. I hope I am wrong to worry though.

Kostas