Re: [NTLK] GPS Map

From: Matt Howe <matthowe_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun Jul 06 2008 - 20:55:29 EDT

Once you have a map image you have to pick three points on it if it is
rectilinear or nine points if it is conic. These points consist of 4 pieces
of data, Lat, Lon, X pixel and Y pixel. These numbers are then entered into
a utility. I use rectilinear maps so I use three points and RectMap2.exe.
The Lat and Lon points must be in degrees and decimal minutes. The utility
then produces a set of offset adjustments that must be placed into the NTK
project to compile into the map. RectMap2.exe uses a question and answer
text only format, one slip and you can enter all of those numbers again. I
want to make a VB project where you can enter any style coordinates for the
three points and when done click a button and get the export needed. In
order to do this, I need the algorithm used by RectMap2.exe create the
offsets. As I am new to the GPS Map thing, I thought someone might have more
information about it.

Matt (Ducky) Howe
Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
mhowe@gfn.org (Newton)