Re: [NTLK] Newbie Getting there slowly

From: R A Parker <Quadzillanet_at_SBCGlobal.NET>
Date: Sun Jul 13 2008 - 22:42:00 EDT

On Sunday, July 13, 2008 at 4:26 pm Scott Rogers wrote:

> I thought that the Wifi driver
> was now unlocked and did WEP.
> Am I wrong?

That is correct. You are not wrong. (hmmm...)

Hiroshi posted the source and released the full WEP enabled version as open source many months ago. However, prior versions are still out there in the public. On CD's, museum DVD's, and web archives. There is also a cracked version floating around too.

In order to (be sure) you have the official released version, you will want to download the .sit archive directly from Hiroshi's website:

<http://www.ff.iij4u.or.jp/~ngc/eng/newtwave.htm>

The LucentWaveLAN_vIp08a.pkg is found inside WaveLAN_DDK folder, after unstuffing.

Ron

--
Sent with Mail V and a Wireless MessagePad 2100.
--
       |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM