Re: [NTLK] NewtFTP

From: <knowtree_at_aloha.com>
Date: Thu Jul 17 2008 - 19:14:19 EDT

"Tony Kan" <tonykan@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

> Just looking into NewtFTP as a means of wirelessly uploading objects to a
Win2k
> machine. I'm able to download objects via IIS but I can't upload. Can
NewtFTP
> upload via 802.11b? What objects does it support for upload?

You will need to start the FTP service on the Windows box. Make sure the
box is behind a separate firewall such as a wireless access point a la
Airport or Linksys. Disable anonymous FTP. Create a special folder to be
the FTP root, and set the access permissions to the minimum that will work.
Turn off the FTP service when not in use, as it poses such a large security
vulnerability.

I don't know what objects it supports.

Gary Dunn
Honolulu
Open Slate Project
    http://openslate.net/
73 BMW E9 (3.0 CS) 2213583 (rust repair research project)
    http://e9erust.blogspot.com/