Re: [NTLK] Re; Problems with transferring files via NCU

From: moyshe mcstiff <not_at_noos.fr>
Date: Tue Jul 22 2008 - 11:44:03 EDT

> Unfortunately, Apple was not to detailed with their errors. It could mean a
> number of things. I currently have something odd on my 20 meg card. NCU on
> my PC won't back it up, nor will NCU on my Mac, now iNewton. I'm not looking
> forward to stripping that baby clean and rebuilding it. But I get the same
> error when backing up my 20 meg card. But backing up my Newton by any of the
> methods above works fine. Maybe some of the more knowledgeable list members
> could shed some additional light on the subject?
>
> Matt (Ducky) Howe
> Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
> mhowe@gfn.org (Newton)
> matthowe@comcast.net (Desktop)
> http://home.comcast.net/~mhowe41/

hello matt,

i'm replying off-list because i'm writing from an email address that i
prefer not to use with public mailing lists.

your problem with ncu backups reminded me of my own problems using it for
backups -- i have never successfully made a backup with it, though i have
never tried a backup with anything other than a relatively large card in
use. it occurred to me that you might try what has always worked flawlessly
for me, if you haven't already: newton backup express. as far as i know, it
for macintosh only. where ncu has failed, it has always been rock-solid for
all of my backups, and they have restored flawlessly as well. i hope that
that might help with your card.

regards,

--robb