[NTLK] NIE hangs with Option GlobeTrotter/Nokia CardPhone

From: Olaf Bohlen <olafbohlen_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Wed Jul 23 2008 - 17:10:57 EDT

Hi,

I was playing around with an Option GlobeTrotter card I got recently
and my Newton MP2100.
I put the card in the Upper Slot, created a NIE setup like descriped
by Roman Pixell
(http://pixell.net/doppler/newton/GT/trotter_modem_script.html) and
started Courier.
The card is correctly recognized as a Communication Card.
So NIE starts up, I press OK and the message "Loading the PPP driver" appears...
...and nothing more. From now on it hangs. I can cancel the connect
without an error, but I never get a connect.

So I thought my modem script was broken. I started up PT100 and typed
in the login-script by hand...
...and I get a CONNECT and the PPP data.

After that I put in my old Nokia Cardphone 2.0 (which I used in the
past to get online - without any trouble so far!) and tried with my
old
dialin session. And the same problem occurs.

What is happening? What is my problem?

Has anyone an idea?

Yours

--