Re: [NTLK] [OT] TiBook power supply

From: dotline7 <dotline7_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Jul 26 2008 - 13:57:49 EDT

TiBook 5500MGz.

Power supply plug has 3 "pins". Outside pin (white metal ring), one inside
middle pin which is visible in the middle, the gold one, and the gold ring,
which is not visible.

This gold top pin is gone.

I can measure 24V between white metal ring and the inner gold ring, which is
OK.

Problem: power supply doesn't load. When loading, light is orange, which is
OK, too, but it doesn't load. I can't start computer with the power supply
on.

How important is the gold pin, clearly visible in the middle?

Is it possible to open the power supply and make some kind of "short-cut"
which would mimic the gold pin?

Is it possible to buy the plug and solder a new one?

I need some advice.
John