[NTLK] WriteHere... doesn't write

From: Riccardo Mori <rick_at_poc.it>
Date: Tue Jul 29 2008 - 07:58:45 EDT

Hello good folks,

I was trying Adam Tow's WriteHere with my MessagePad 2100 connected to
my PowerBook 5300. I have followed the simple instructions to make it
work, everything is set up properly, the serial port is not busy or
taken by other applications -- but alas, nothing happens.

I open the connection on the MP2100. It informs me that now it's
sendind data through the serial port. I open the connection on the
WriteHere server on the PowerBook. In the WriteHere window on the
PowerBook, the status changes from "Offline" to "Listening". I start
writing on the Newton, but the cursor in the PowerBook window just
stays there blinking, as if nothing were input. I tried varying the
parameters in the Preferences > Connection dialog box, but nothing
happens.

Ideas, suggestions, all is welcome. I'd love to start using WriteHere
regularly and I'm willing to buy/register it, but first it has to
work :)

Cheers!
Rick

System Folder - The Platinum Days