Re: [NTLK] Something the Community Might Pay Forr

From: Steve <steve_at_craftsathome.net>
Date: Mon Jun 16 2008 - 10:41:08 EDT

I was thinking of a way to
1. Backup everything (maybe to a SQLite database as a single blob)
   a. After tediously setting up things on my eMate, I'd like to go back to
       "last known good" setup at will.
2. Cherry-pick individual packages or files that I'd want to add/remove to
storage.
   a. I was thinking that it would be much faster and convenient to copy
multimeg files
      to the eMate via the card instead of through the serial port.
      Not necessarily installing pkgs, but just moving big files on/off of
the device.

A full filesystem-level driver would be great, but I realize that it'd have
to be an abstraction layer over the Newt DB, and therefore a *ton* of work.
So yes, maybe a (Java? Mono?) cross-platform app that can handle the card's
soup would be ideal.