Re: [NTLK] Error -10401 when installing a package

From: matthiasm <mm_at_matthiasm.com>
Date: Sun Jun 22 2008 - 08:04:59 EDT

On 22.06.2008, at 11:57, RedJazz wrote:

> I tried installing TeleType GPS on my MP120 w/1.3, but NCK says that
> "the Newton disconnected", while Newton gives the error -10401. This
> only seems to happen with large packages (larger than around 50K). I
> have tried resetting, but it didn't help.
>
> Any suggestions?

-10401 means "Bad Package". You get that because the Newton
disconnected before the full package was sent. It seems that there
were too many errors during the transfer of the package. If you use a
serial connection, then you may have an incompatible cable, or your
computer is simply too fast. It would help to upgrade to Ethernet or
WLAN.

> On the other hand, what utility do you recommend for launching
> applications when the Extras drawer contains more than 30 icons? Is
> it possible to make it scrollable?

No, just put the icons in other subcategories. There is no need to see
all available packages at once.

Matthias

----
http://robowerk.com/