Re: [NTLK] Back

From: Valerio Paris Mitritsakis <valerio_at_mitritsakis.gr>
Date: Wed Jun 25 2008 - 13:31:23 EDT

 Nice to see there are Greeks using the newtons. Please feel free to contact
me off list. It would be nice
to have a Greek website/wiki/forum/club/whatever dedicated to the newton....
Valerio
Μητριτσάκης Βαλέριο Πάρις Σύμβουλος
Πληροφορικής Ηλεκτρονικός Μηχανικός Τ.Ε.
MSc Network Systems MCP ID: 5745185 Mitritsakis Valerio Paris IT Consultant
Electronic Engineer MSc Network Systems MCP ID: 5745185
Συμβουλευτικές Υπηρεσίες Πληροφορικής -
Τεχνική υποστήριξη Η/Υ &Δικτύων IT Consultancy
Services Computer &Network Tech Support http://www.mitritsakis.gr[1]

Apostolos Koutropoulos wrote: Kalos irthes! :-) (welcome back!) I use my
newton every now and again - my project is to try to use it for taking notes
in class in Septermber ;-) My main problem with the newton, for day to day
use, is that I have a TON of contacts in Greek (and lots of events in Greek)
on my Mac, and those don't translate over to the newton. I hate going back
toGreeklish now that I'm used to the Greek alphabet :-) I'd be interested in
hearing how you deal with this issue if you do indeed have this issue ;-) AK
On Wednesday, June 25, 2008, at 12:00PM, "Kostas Theofilis"
<roufianos@mac.com>[2] wrote: Hi list! After a few years I am back to the
Green. In the meantime I had passed through Palms, Windows Mobile, UIQ,
iPhone, Communicators...pretty much everything. My main complaint with all
these devices was actually the battery life. In a way that the devices were
ALWAYS without juice when I needed them the most! Ahh, Murphy's law I
suppose. Plus the realization that my main usage of these devices involved
taking notes, a task not suited for their small screens. (If only iPhone had
a stylus and HWR...) Anyway, I just bought a near mint Mp2000 (I always
preferred their case, I do not like the MP2100s). It had most of the
originalbits, dongle, cables, stylus, manuals, disks, and one dummy card.
Andthe backlight was bright too. I do not actually intend to overload my
newtwith stuff, like I did the last time. No extra hardware except for the
odd memory card. (And possibly a 2100 motherboard upgrade). I will keep it
simple. (And use IrDA for internet). Of course I have to rediscover some of
the quirks and secrets of my green little friend but a search in the list
archives will provide me with most answers I think. I would like to ask you
if you happen to have some spares for sale. E.g.: A MP2000 screen lid in
perfect condition (mine is a bit scratched) A Linear Flash card I am looking
forward to be on the list again and I am curious to see how many of the 'old
guard' are still around!!! Nice to be back, Kostas

--- Links ---
   1 http://www.mitritsakis.gr
   2 mailto:roufianos@mac.com
   3 http://www.newtontalk.net/