Re: [NTLK] Stylus

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed Jun 25 2008 - 17:19:37 EDT

I have looked at this a number of times and have found the tip to be
removable. It is the entire plastic both tip and shoulder that come
out and seem to be one piece. The stem that fits into the aluminum
pen is about a cm in length. Find an appropriate length of stylus and
glue into place

As a test of principle I just took a "cheap" plastic eMate stylus (my
favorite for the 2100 also by the way) and used a sharp knife and
carefully cut around the tip at the same length as the 2100 stylus
shoulder. by being careful I did not cut through the small bit of tip
material that continued into the pen. Once seperated in this manner
it would be a simple process to epoxy this to the aluminum pen.

While testing the fit, excellent by the way, it dropped into the
shallow box I used so as to not lose it and it disappeared probably
forever.

Never mind, this is an easy fix.
cost one cheap plastic stylus, under five minutes and a bit of epoxy.

Woody