Re: [NTLK] [Poutine] Poutine and wines (Was Re: Test message. Are we still here?)

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Sat Mar 15 2008 - 08:50:04 EDT

On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 1:37 PM, Ian P. Currie <ipcurrie@mac.com> wrote:
> Short of getting that one, the best Poutine is to be found most
> anywhere in Quebec, where the default serving is with fresh cheese
> curds (if they don't squeak a little when you bite into them, they
> aren't fresh!)

Oh, yeah! The squeaky cheese*! Forgot about that part.

BTW, I'm sure that, if you will search the archives, you will discover
plenty of descriptions (including squeaky cheese), recipes, places to
buy while in Quebec, Toronto, and even Detroit (IIRC)--as well as
people singing at tthe top of their lungs, with their fingers in their
ears, as they were tired of the subject. ;-)

*No relation, I'm sure to Weird Al's "stinky cheese."

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland