[NTLK] Newton Gamers [was: A few newbie questions.]

From: <mkow1234_at_aol.com>
Date: Sun Mar 16 2008 - 16:12:38 EDT

So, what IS Castle Falkenstein? Is that the game where you have an overhead view of a little character that wanders through rooms, hacking and slashing various characters for swords and other weapons? I thought that was called NewtHack?

I know there is a proof-of-concept game that presents a first-person perspective to the player, but there are no prizes, no weapons, and no adversaries. It's just a wander around experience for the end user. I wrote to the developer (the name escapes me, but I believe he's a photographer, and also the same fellow who developed some Newton maps), but he was not interested in updating the software or releasing it. Very depressing for an old school gamer like myself...

Desperately seeking side-scroll and first-person shooter games for the Newton,

Matt K.
Detroit, Michigan USA