Re: [NTLK] eMate hinge repair -- how to tell?

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue Mar 18 2008 - 12:50:41 EDT

It's highly unlikely that lightning will strike twice in the same
spot, but many of the lower priced soldering pencils are not safe.
Their cord has more spring than the iron/pencil has mass. For
projects like this I use a soldering station. It has a heavy base
with a secure holder for the pencil and a very flexible cord to the
pencil that provides little resistance in use. Found it at a used
electronics shop for about $10. I also like soldering guns because
they heat up and cool off quickly and have enough weight to stay put.
Though that wight can be tiring.

If you would rather have someone else do it, I and a couple of other
folks on this list provide this service.

Woody