Re: [NTLK] is my newton 2000u dead? help

From: Goodwin, Greg P. <GoodwinG_at_aafes.com>
Date: Wed Mar 19 2008 - 13:08:42 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: Aravind Venkataraman

hi,the battery of my newton died and i got a new battery pack from
jksales.
living in india meant a delay of abt 2 months. 2 months when the newton
was
sleeping inside the cupboard.
Now with the new battery pack it lies just there--- dead?
what do i do . how do i resurrect it.
aravind

Man all the outsourcing we do to India and it still takes two months to
get things there by mail. You'd think commerce would have been improved
better than that.

Anyway, in a case like yours, I would hold down the power switch and the
rest button on the back for 3-5 minutes. Then release the reset button
still holding down the power button. It should bring up a prompt after
a bit to erase all data on the Newton. I would say no at that point,
but up to you on what you do.

Later!

Doc Clu