[NTLK] is my newton 2000u dead?

From: Josh Burker <newt_talk_at_mac.com>
Date: Sat Mar 22 2008 - 12:55:44 EDT

> any other solns
> regards
> aravind

This might sound like a dumb question, but have you plugged the Newton
into its 9W adapter with the new battery and let it charge for a bit?
I would let it charge for a day, then do the hard reset like Dr. Clu
suggested, holding down the Reset button on the back of the MessagePad
with a pencil (not the stylus, please) then powering on the Newton
with the power switch.

Sometimes my Newton will refuse to come back on after an NPDS lockup.
I press and hold the Reset button for a count of 10, then use the
power switch to turn it back on: that always gets my Newton started
again.

I hope that helps,

Josh