Re: [NTLK] Defying Gravity

From: Lord Groundhog <lordgroundhog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri May 09 2008 - 13:07:19 EDT

~~~ On 2008/05/09 16:53, Albert at albotic@yahoo.com wrote ~~~

> I have an old Popular Science magazine from the early 90's that had featured
> a prototype Newton Notepad that mentioned that it had math recognition.
> Alsothe silk-screened buttons were different and had the labels: "who,
> what,where, when" instead of the familiar names, dates, etc..

Wow! Is there any chance of posting the exact details of this article:
volume and date, and page numbers? It would be interesting to hunt this
down and read it.

As I sit here looking at my trusty Newt, I think it might be cool to be
using some of those other labels, although it might not be easy to carry
that style through to rename all the Newt's basic functions. Still, it
promises to be a good read.

Every time somebody else mentions it I tell myself, "I really need to look
for a copy of _Defying Gravity_" -- I'd like to know more about my Newton.

Thanks for posting this.

Shalom.
Christian

łAny sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a Newton.˛
            -- what Arthur C. Clarke meant

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4
(With thanks to Chod Lang)
http://tinyurl.com/29y2dl