Re: [NTLK] might give up on newton

From: McHugh Frank <madmax_2069_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue May 13 2008 - 10:00:59 EDT

i know that all of the current developers for the
newton are a sight to behold on continuing their
development going and keeping their software available
to download (some of them) and keeping the dream alive
for many of us. I was a little harsh and mad when i
first wrote this topic (as some of you might have
seen).

 i love my newton to death and will always use it but
it was the software side of things that made me mad on
how one could just let the software they wrote just
die off like some of them did.

 right now i have no way to install packages to my
newton if i reset it (have a newer P4 with 1 serial
port but with only 1 com available and seems to be in
use by something and i only have a PC cable and a
newer Mac and a few older Macs 1 68k and 2 Beige G3
but no Mac interconnect cable, and a P1 i use to use
to load software onto the newt is having issues) it
will install things wirelessly over the network but
once i reset it i have no way to install what i need
to install to get everything operating again

its just the frustration of knowing there is top notch
software out there for the newton some that will never
be unlocked and some that eventually will and some
that was never locked in the first place and some that
is lost forever. allot is stuck between locked and
lost forever.

i wasnt trying to make anyone mad or mad at me when i
made this topic nor was i talking bad about any of the
newton developers or the software they wrote.

Frank