Re: [NTLK] might give up on newton

From: dotline7 <dotline7_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue May 13 2008 - 12:45:57 EDT

Our corporations are sick. Why? The system allows, more or less,
"hit-and-miss" managers to decide which product should be produced or not.
No one cares about actual "content" of the items and it's signification for
the future development.

As long as I know, the only rule Corporation Management should follow (by
the Law) is "taking profit". The Corporations are run by profit taking
minded people. That's why we burn oil or coal and destroy our environment
until now. We burn for profit taking.

Mr. Jobs is a great personality. He moves our world forward, a bit. But
still he, personally, cannot stop development of one of the best products
ever seen, because of his personal animosities. It should be his
responsibility to develop a product which is on very high technical level
(already). Corporation Law should force him and the Management to do so. We
have to change Corporation Law. If we don't do so we still would see VHS
instead of Betamax, stereo instead of quadro, Graffiti instead of HWR...or
developers spending time on "tablets" with 4cm x 6cm screen which is like
developing 1m long toilet paper. It is useless but you cannot through it
away, you have to buy it and use it.

Is Newton "Xerox-like" story again? Shall we wait for Chinese to copy a
Newton? Perhaps we have to speak with them because our leaders are deaf?

John