Re: [NTLK] Battery rebuild

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Sat May 31 2008 - 06:55:39 EDT

On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 11:46 AM, Les Richards <les.richards@comcast.net> wrote:
> I keep seeing the same battery issue over and over again. I use 2 sets
> of rechargeable AAs in the battery holder I got with my newton. I
> works great, the rechargeables are cheap compared to getting the
> battery packet rebuilt. I use the charger to keep my newton alive
> while I switch batteries. This has worked great for me for years now.

Part of the problem with the battery tray is that they are made of
unobtanium.... very difficult to find, it seems, and then, you have
that minor annoyance of having to swap cells that you alluded to. I've
got a tray, but I would rather put up with my short-life battery pack
than move up to living cells in the tray.... but maybe that's just me?
:-)

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland