Re: [NTLK] emate printer

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat May 31 2008 - 09:40:10 EDT

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 10:42 PM, laura deardoff <lauradeardoff@msn.com>
wrote:
> I am looking for a cord or dongle to connect an emate to a non -apple
> printer.

Sounds like you need the Newton Printer Cable version 1.0 or 2.0 - I have
one but don't have a photo of it yet in my Newton Gallery.

> The printer it connects to needs to work with the drivers that come with
> the emate.

Woody has already suggested the models that might work

> Another possible solution would be a printer that receives the infrared
> from the emate.

IR is possible as there are a few out there.
The IR adapter for the portable HP340 (IIRC) works fine though IMO slow.
I have a HP5mp and it has IR and works but is slow.
I believe the HP6 also is the same and comes with IR too and should work
IIRC as I have one at work sitting in a corner.

> Any thoughts or information that would help me in this search is much
> appreciated.

Hopefully this helps Laura.

Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right,
> whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is
> excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things. Phil 4:8

Thanks for the verse :D

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung