Re: [NTLK] Question about OS-language

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Nov 03 2008 - 19:50:16 EST

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 5:37 PM, Albert <albotic@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I only asked because I do indeed have a German Newton 2000. It is actually
> a DVT Unit. However I do not want to part with it or it's ROM Board, but I
> would be willing to extract the code necessary. However I do not have the
> technical expertise to create a new romboard or flash a new rom-chip.
> Anybody willing to assist?

Albert,

Would you be kind enough to possibly take the time to remove the ROM board
out and take a picture of the front an back for me please.
I'd like to place a copy of that on the Newton Flickr Photostream.
If you happen to have the time to take a photoset of your DVT also I'd
appreciate it.

I know how difficult it is to get one's hands ona (DE) Newton as I missed a
few auctions in the past and the price unfortunately is high, plus the need
to have it often shipped to someone in DE because of shipping issues with
those in DE.... but such is life and they rarely appear either... :( you
have one of the few things I would want in my personal collection
and possession but at least we know someone had one out there :D

Thank you for sharing :-)

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung