Re: [NTLK] Connecting to the Internet

From: <osp_at_aloha.com>
Date: Mon Nov 10 2008 - 17:27:09 EST

> Help help help
>
> Hello,
>
> I haven't used my Newton MP2000 (upgraded to 2100) in a long time and
> can't remember how to connect to the internet. I have the Farallon
> Ethernet PC card with driver 802.11b WaveLan from Noguchi. I have it
> connected to my D_Link DI624 router port 2. I have an Internet Setup
> link that is configure as such: DHCP Server, Card Farallon.....,
> Domain Name: blank.
>
> When I try to connect I just get an error after it tries to connect
> and stop half way. The Led on the connector of the Farallon car
> doesn't turn on nor does port 3 on the router.

How sure are you about the network cable? Don't start mucking about with
hardware until you have verified cables and connections.

If you remove the Ethernet card with the MP on, then reinsert it, does the
card ID itself correctly? Or at least does a dialog box opens that displays
something better than "unrecognized card." If you have a laptop handy you
might try using it to test the card.

Gary Dunn
Honolulu
Open Slate Project
    http://openslate.net/
73 BMW E9 (3.0 CS) 2213583 (rust repair research project)
    http://e9erust.blogspot.com/