[NTLK] Which version of NCU for Mac OS 9 (not classic mode)?

From: <info_at_punkt-x.de>
Date: Wed Nov 12 2008 - 03:45:30 EST

Hi friends,

on the road to Newton "revival" on my system I found a new problem
and hope to get your advice.

This is only for those who still/also use Mac OS 9.2.x

I want to use my MP 2100 together with my Powerbook Pismo. It runs
with Mac OS 9.2.2 (not in "classic mode" under OS-X!).

When I try to install the Newton Connection Utilities (from the
original Newton Install CD) the powerbook freezes during
installation. I believe it is NCU 1.0 (no beta/it is the version of
the CD that was delivered together with the MP 2100).

The CD is OK, but I also tried it with the version from unna.org.
There is a NCU version 2.0 too that can be installed and is OK, but
this version only has a reduced set of functions.

(1) Any idea what might be the reason?
(2) Is there another full-version between 1.0 and 2.0, that has the
full set of functions?

(who knows up to which OS-version the 1.0 will run, if not 9.2.x?)

Thanks for ideas in advance
Stefan