Re: [NTLK] Connecting to the Internet

From: R A Parker <Quadzillanet_at_SBCGlobal.NET>
Date: Thu Nov 13 2008 - 10:19:00 EST

On Wednesday, November 12, 2008 at 3:17 pm osp@aloha.com wrote:

>> and receive mail but not send mail
>> (which is what I need to do). I am
>> using a POP account from ATT.yahoo.com
>> (used to be sbcglobal.net) and
>> everytime it says it requires
>> authentication. I have both inet and
>> inet SMTP.

For Yahoo, POP.ATT.YAHOO.COM will require SSL. You won't be able to use this server. Currently, you can still use the old servers.

pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com

for SMTP, use:

smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com:587

When you use these servers, AT&T will send you an email saying not to use these servers and to switch your email software to the secure servers. I've been getting these emails for over a year. Eventually, they will turn off these and us Newton/Yahoo users will need to find another way to connect.

Ron

--
Sent with Mail V and a Wireless MessagePad 2100.
--
       |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM