Re: [NTLK] Question about using a newton MP 2100 as a ODBII scan tool

From: Matt Howe <matthowe_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat Nov 15 2008 - 10:49:56 EST

If someone wants to loan me a ODBII to Serial device and a list of the codes
I would be willing to take a stab at writing a piece of software. I could
probably find the codes and protocols on line somewhere even. Once the
software is written it should work for any device. Of course, being Santa
Claus, I would have to wait till the first of the year to work on it.
(http://www.iadisoftware.com/santa/)

McHugh Frank wrote:
<snip>
 I know it sounds far fetched, but would it be possable to somehow use the
newton as a ODBII Car diagnostic tool/scanner. i seen some open sourced
projects but couls one be ported to work on the newton (with the proper
adapter).
<snip>