Re: [NTLK] Who says there's no Mac tablet?

From: John Broughton <jdbroughton_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun Nov 16 2008 - 00:16:26 EST

Like many here, I've been impatiently waiting for Apple to produce a follow on to the Newton platform. There always seem to be rumors of such an item for every new system and hardware release, but they remain rumors. Now some impatient talented folks have decided to take matters into their own hands. To find more information, do a Google search for the Gigabyte M912X. There's little known about the person or persons that actually managed to produce this tablet Mac but the videos on YouTube prove it has been done. No, it's not an Apple product and it violates Apple's software EULA to do this, but there's a thriving underground working on putting the Mac OS on UMPCs from various manufacturers and achieving amazing results. I don't know how long Apple can resist this market. Asus is going to sell close to 8 million Netbooks this year(something like 700k a month). That's one manufacturer. Even Dell and HP are jumping on this fast moving bandwagon.
I'd like to thank the many posters on this forum for the great work keeping the Newton alive for the silent rest of us.