Re: [NTLK] Who says there's no Mac tablet?

From: <info_at_punkt-x.de>
Date: Sun Nov 16 2008 - 09:17:14 EST

Hi James and other on this topic,

we mustn't forget that Apple has also a long history of desasters.
The Newton was one in financial aspect, not in technical.

But is handwriting recognition really the best solution?
On a tablet-PC/laptop? Probably not.
On a PDA with small size? Probably yes.

Who has ever used the iPod touch and wanted to type any longer text,
knows what I mean.
I did. Although it is possible in a impressive way it is not really a
solution. HRW of the Newton would be a lot better.

But in a tablet-PC/Mac with the size of a laptop HRW it is not a good choice.
Even a screen keyboard on that touchscreen, usable like the mini-keys
on the iPod touch - but larger! - would be quite better and faster.
In fact you could switch between several language layouts or even an
ergonomic alternative or even define the layout (?)

As I re-animated my MP and tried to write a longer text, I had to
realize that it is not a really stunning solution. As mentioned:
very, very good - definitely top of class - for a PDA without a
separate keyboard on the road, but no comparison to a midsized
tablet-X,

friends, let's be realistic, not enthusiastic :-0

Stefan