Re: [NTLK] linux kernel running on the iPhone and iPod Touch

From: Thomas Brand <thomasbrand_at_mac.com>
Date: Sun Nov 30 2008 - 18:13:19 EST

The Newton hardware is sadly obselete, and terribly restrictive.
Porting anything to it has far less future appeal than Linux on the
iPhone. The best thing that can come from the Newton is learning from
its strenghs and shortcomings while porting the more admirable
characteristics over to a modern supported platform like the iPhone.
Software, not hardware is the heart of the Newton. I would like to see
the Newton experience improved, and not forgotten.

Thomas Brand
MyNewtonBlog.net
Sent from my iPhone

I notice that nobody has stepped forth to port any version of Linux to
the Newton and that would be a more worthwhile endeavor.